Monday, July 02, 2007

The Grass has to be Greener on the other side.

So recently I decided to leave my job. Truth be told a long time ago I decided to leave my job. This is probably why I haven't been blogging. I was feeling so despondent about my old, I had no energy for anything. Most recently, I was offered a fabulous opportunity to leave my job (thank God for that) and move on to something better. I had my resignation ready for weeks as I had already claimed this job. I was just waiting for the deal to go thru. My letter was very liberating and the same day I was offered my new job, I wasted no time in saying good bye to my old job. I feel if I had stayed just one more minute, I might have had a heart attack. So here's the goodbye.

MEMORANDUM

To: Boss B*tch
Boss B*tch of Human Resources

From: Noelle

Re: Resignation

Date: May 31, 2007


It is with firm conviction that I write this letter of resignation from ***.

Please understand that I have made my decision after considerable deliberation.

I am therefore resigning from ***. This will be effective June 14, 2007.

In the interim, I will work with you and AH to ensure a smooth transition.

I hope that I will have your support in making this change as easy as possible.

Thank you.


In response to my resignation, my old boss sent out this announcement.



Noelle will be leaving us to spend more time with her family. Her last day will be June 18th. Noelle has been with the *** for 6 years. Her dedication to caring about the details and taking care of our donors is legendary in our department. She will be missed.

Assuming the Associates position that Noelle is vacating is AH. Although she has been with the *** less than one year, AH has already proven herself. We are recruiting to replace AH.

Please join me in wishing both of them well.

Thanks,
boss b*tch


Boss B*tch

Vice President and Chief Development Officer



She wrote that I was leaving to spend time with my family because I refused to let them know why it was exactly I was leaving. Although if you worked there, you would definitely know why I left. I have to laugh at her use of the word legendary. You would think if I was so revered that they would not have tried to make my life impossible there. I guess she was trying to be nice. In any case good riddance. Wish i could say where this misery took place but I cant cuz there is still someone I like who works there and I wish her all the best cause she is really cool. I look forward to moving on because for me the grass has to be greener on the other side.

No comments: