Friday, December 08, 2006

Homeless and Cold




Today I woke up and its 20 degrees outside, and the wind chill is making it feel like it is 2 degrees. 2o degrees is way more cold than I want to feel, but 2 degrees, c'mon, 2 degrees is definitely stay at home and only venture outside if you have to. Which brings me to the homeless. I feel so much sorrow when I see the homeless especially in this weather. Its bad enough that the homeless are homeless, but homeless and cold, and most probably hungry. It brings tears to my eyes that there are people living in the streets and suffering these harsh weather conditions. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and I pray that the homeless find shelter and food. We, who are fortunate, should always keep the less fortunate in mind. We should support organizations that help the less fortunate because our government is not fully addressing the needs of all the people. No matter how little you think you have, there is someone else who has less.
Remember that.

No comments: