Wednesday, October 11, 2006

As if 9/11 isnt enough, Now we have 10/11

Today is October 11. And today a plane crashed into a bldg.

For awhile there, I was taken back to 9/11. Except this time I was in Manhattan.
My brother calls to tell me that he just heard that a plane crashed into a building. Moments before he called, my son called to tell me he was on his way home. My first thought was if my son was safe. There was no way I was leaving Manhattan without knowing if he got to the Bronx. My son and partner were already home so I wasnt worried about them. As soon as I got word that my son was home, I felt such a relief. Thank God the trains were not affected. He had no idea of the news around him. When I got home, the news reported that this crash was not related to terrorism. Thank God for that. But you know the government always lies. The news then reported that a Yankees pitcher, Cory Lidle, was in the plane that crashed. He and an unknown person were in the plane. Both perished. No one in the building was hurt. Thank God that no one else was hurt. But my condolences go out to the families of Lidle and the unknown person. What a relief to know that this really had nothing to do with terrorism.

Death is a funny thing. You never know when you are gonna go. It can happen at any time.

1 comment:

HRH JCR said...

Funny you wrote "Death is not a funny thing" after I justed commented above about death being funny. Tell me you didn't joke about Alliyah's song "Try again" after she died in a plane crash I would sing "Fly Again, Dust yourself off and Fly Again"

On another note.. A fool made mention that 10/11/06 is 9/11/01 upside down- but it really isn't if you think about it - it's 90/11/01 lol---
HRH