Monday, September 04, 2006

STARBURY, WHERE ARE YOU????


On August 17, 2006 the Starburys made their debut in Steve & Barry Stores nationwide (along with a clothing line). The Starbury is a $15 sneaker endorsed by NBA All Star - NY Knicks Player- Stephon Marbury.

The great thing abourt this sneaker is of course the price. Who can beat $15? Reebok and Nikes can't. (Well, they can, but thats another story.) And thats what I usually buy. The second best thing is the style and quality. These sneakers are on the same level as Reebok and Nikes. The only problem is the shoe is sold out everywhere. I was lucky enough to get 3 pairs of sneakers and 1 pair of the boots (The boots are on par with Timberland.) on the day they came out. And I do mean lucky. Debut Day--Starbury was sold out at the Manhattan Mall (NYC), Jersey Gardens (Elizabeth, NJ), Palisades Mall (West Nyack, otherwise known as upstate), and the Broadway Mall (Long Island). I kept calling the stores on that day to see if a 2nd shipment was coming in. Lo and Behold--I got lucky with the Broadway Mall. Although once there, I had to battle many other people trying to get their hands on the precious item.
Since that day, I have been trying to get my hands on some more. Everywhere I get the same answer--SOLD OUT. So since I was in the area, I went to the Franklin Mills Mall (Pennsylvania). And I was lucky enough to walk out with 3 pairs today.

Now I know I might sound obsessive, especially since I was able to purchase 7 pairs, but when you have boys with growing feet that know how to ruin a sneaker quick and usually sneakers cost $80 and up, $60 on a good day, then you can understand how $15 sounds like a great deal.
So until they are no longer sold, I will continue my quest for the Starbury.
Thank you, Stephon!!

No comments: